OUR CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
Returning your product if it’s unwanted:
Please return your item unused and in original condition (as it was received by you) with proof of purchase within 35 days, and we’ll give you an exchange or refund.
If you wish to return an item of jewellery or a watch which has a value of over £500, please take it back in person to a John Lewis & Partners shop and not by post or courier. Please be aware that we'll only process your refund once the item has been returned to and checked by our specialist; this can take up to 14 days.
Returning your product because it has a fault:
If your product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, please return with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it.
After 30 days, we’ll repair the product as long as it’s within the terms and conditions of our warranty.
Terms and conditions of our policy
By original condition we mean:
- you’ve kept all original packaging and labels in good condition and the product can be resold at full price
- you haven’t used the product
- the product contains no personal data and isn’t registered to a user.
Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of purchase
- Ordinarily if you have your receipt or delivery note we'll refund the original bank account, debit, credit or charge card used to purchase. This includes items you've purchased in Clearance events
- Where a product has been made to measure or personalised for you, unless faulty, we're unable to refund or offer an exchange.
- See below for the full list of products that can’t be returned
- For online or telephone purchases we’ll refund the standard delivery charge, provided you return the full order. If you are only returning some of the items on your order, then we will only refund the cost of those items
- Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a full refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
- This does not affect your statutory rights
- To read more on your statutory rights, you can check Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 here
Which Products can't be returned
The following products won’t be eligible for exchange or refund (unless faulty or not as described):
- Products which you received over 35 days ago
- Products that have been unsealed (other than to inspect)
- Products without original packaging or where it’s been returned in poor condition
- Products that contain your personal data or have been manufacturer-registered
- Computer software vouchers that have been redeemed or activated, or computer software or DVDs that have been opened
- Where a product has been personalised for you, or made to your specific measurements
Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a full refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
This does not affect your statutory rights. To read more on your consumer rights, you can check Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 here