- The letter template below should be used in cases where an individual has been named by their employer as the primary user of an eligible electric vehicle, from 1 October 2016 onwards.
- The text below must be included on company-headed paper and signed by a senior member of the company with financial or fleet responsibility such as a company director, fleet manager or finance director. If company-headed paper is not available, please ensure the employer's address details are included in the letter.
- If an employer's vehicle fleet management is outsourced, Annex I can be filled out and signed by an official from the company managing the fleet. In these instances, the following steps must be taken:
- The employer must provide written permission for an official with fleet management responsibility from the outsourced fleet company to sign Annex is on their behalf. Permission must be provided via email or letter and retained by both parties as OLEV may require it as evidence for future audits. It does not have to be attached to the application.
- The text below must be included on company-headed paper and signed by a senior official of the company as identified by the employer.
- The signing official must also tick the final box at the bottom of this letter to confirm they have been given prior permission to sign on behalf of the employer.